oh dear

Oh dear, I hope you are all well. I realize I have been away for two months. I'm sorry, life just does that to you.

I have been well, I hope you are too, spring has sprung and where I live is blooming with color.
If you have been following me for a little while you may know that I am entering the final stretch of my college education. Wow. It is even weird to say that because it has been such a long journey.  As I type this away on the eve of my last art history midterm (yes it is 11:50 pm, yes I need to sleep I know) I realize that a year from now will be much different than any other year from now future I've experienced.  For the past 6 or so years I could safely say " a year from now I will be in the Spring semester/ or quarter of school and I will probably be taking midterms" This is the first time where there is no certain future.  This thought both terrifies and excites me.  The last time I stood upon this precipice I was 17 and picturing my college life, even then I knew that school was ahead of me(I didn't know it would take this long but hey, life happens)
Since I was a kid I knew I would graduate college with some sort of degree and here I am about to do it. Exciting right?! I should be jumping for joy at finally reaching one of my life goals!! Butttt... I'm not.  Why? I thought I had time to figure out what it was I was going to do.  I reassured myself that "hey -- you've still got time! I'm sure you'll have it figured out by then!" I haven't!  For me, the logical way to go about life is to create a goal, stick to the goal and wrap it up nice and neatly and then move onto the next one, the problem is, there is no other goal for me to start, and this is a fact I have been trying to come to terms with.
So here we are and its 12:09 am on May the 1st. I wish I had an ending to this post that was more than "I don't know, I guess ill keep trudging" but thats it.

If you have any advice or general words of wisdom leave a comment. I'd love to hear any and all.
Thanks for reading,

Robin

P.S. Here's a picture that makes me feel warm.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

I am a 23 year old student from the central coast of beautiful California. I grew up on a farm and have always been around animals. I was raised to love travel and adventure . Family trips have exposed me to most of the western U.S, camping in the great outdoors and hiking in the most beautiful locations. I picked up photography around 14 and have been experimenting with cameras ever since. I have come to love travel photography and I hope to explore the world one day and get paid to take pictures of exotic places and interesting people. You will see a lot of my friends and family, animals and new and exciting places I get to visit. I am an Art and Design Major at Cal Poly focusing on Photography. I hope this brings some new and exciting subjects and challenges and you will see them all! I hope you enjoy!

Me

Me

My Etsy Shop