Damn, its bittersweet.

I am on the third day of my last real week of college and It's overwhelming.  I know all of what follows will sound very generic 'Ahhhh college, so memories, bffs!' but it's exactly like that.

Before college I was shy, I was closed off, I didn't understand how to be myself and since coming to this school I have learned to open up, talk to strangers, be adventurous and be myself.  My major is super small and so I am friends with most of the people in it.  Our graduating class is under ten people and I have gotten to know all of them.  I have come to love different things about each and they all bring a different dynamic to the table.  This last year has been a big bonding year for us, just now it has caught up to me that this won't exist for much longer.  I am mourning the change; it will never be like this again. We won't all be here,...taking classes, hating certain teachers, loving certain teachers, teaming up on assignments, going on outings etc. We will all start our own paths wherever they may lead.

I acknowledge the growth I have undertaken, and I acknowledge the part that all these people have played in it.  I realize that you need to be open to new people, experiences, points of view because it makes life SO much richer.  Get out of your comfort box and try and be most unlike yourself.  You may start to see small changes and then suddenly you have morphed into someone new.  One day you will notice  you are so unlike the person that you remember and you're glad.

Let go of past ideas of yourself.  

I've been open to experiences I used to write off and I have been much more loose about my bubble.

Let new people in, let new experiences change you, let new adventures sweep you up off your feet.  Life needs to be lived, go live it.

Before I declare i'm off on my next adventure I'm going to savor this last week and a half.

Cheers!

Robin



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

I am a 23 year old student from the central coast of beautiful California. I grew up on a farm and have always been around animals. I was raised to love travel and adventure . Family trips have exposed me to most of the western U.S, camping in the great outdoors and hiking in the most beautiful locations. I picked up photography around 14 and have been experimenting with cameras ever since. I have come to love travel photography and I hope to explore the world one day and get paid to take pictures of exotic places and interesting people. You will see a lot of my friends and family, animals and new and exciting places I get to visit. I am an Art and Design Major at Cal Poly focusing on Photography. I hope this brings some new and exciting subjects and challenges and you will see them all! I hope you enjoy!

Me

Me

My Etsy Shop